The National Association for Charitable Textile Recycling

Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

NACTR Webinar – Maximizing Apparel Diversion in Canada

July 25, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm

NACTR Webinar: Maximizing Apparel Diversion in Canada. Discussing the recent report; Reduce, Reuse, Rewear – Recommendations to Increase Textile Diversion with $7 Billion industry potential in Canada supporting communities, environment and the economy.

Discover the untapped potential within Canada’s discarded apparel landscape during this insightful webinar. Join us as we delve into the statistics that reveal only 24% of the estimated 1.3 million tonnes of discarded apparel generated annually in Canada find their way to reuse and recycling channels. The question arises: how can we effectively increase the diversion of the remaining 76%?

Studies have demonstrated that a staggering 95% of this discarded apparel holds significant value, presenting an opportunity for life extension through thrift and secondary markets. Our webinar will shed light on the strategies needed to capture and leverage this value.

Be part of the conversation as we examine the recent recommendations and actions put forth by the National Association for Charitable Textile Recycling (NACTR) and other key industry players. Together, we’ll explore innovative approaches and best practices to drive apparel diversion and create a sustainable future.

Register for the webinar here


July 25, 2023
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Event Category:


View Organizer Website